The dark wood and the nasty old upholstery have to go! ICK!
First, I just threw away that cushion (it was bascially destroyed anyway).
Then I took some pliers and started to tear away the upholstery.
It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. There we sooooo many staples!
Then I discovered that the inner foam cushion had pretty much disinegrated into dust. It was so gross! I decided I needed to take this project outside.
I continued to pull off the upholstery and all the old batting.
Once I had removed the 'aged' cover, I had to go around the base (where I pulled out the fabric) and remove all the staples with needle nose pliers. This part took a while (and made my fingers hurt)!
So here's where we are now. When I first found it I thought the chair back was solid or had the metal springs. So we are going to have to come up with something for the back and make a new base for the seat. I am planning on painting it white so it matches the radiator cover and trim.
I hope I can find some pretty faric for the base and chairback. Wish me luck!
To Be Continued...